Version: March 2022
This Privacy Statement has been drawn up for Pluimen.nl.
Pluimen.nl sells Pluim vouchers and provides a platform with experiences that can be obtained in exchange for a Pluim. In this context, Pluimen.nl processes privacy-sensitive data, also known as personal data. Your privacy is important for Pluimen.nl. This is why Pluimen.nl processes and secures personal data with due care.
When we process data, we comply with the requirements set by privacy legislation. This means, among other things, that we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, through this Privacy Statement;
- restrict our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask your explicit consent for processsing your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require the same from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to access, rectify or delete your personal data if you so request.
Pluimen.nl is the controller for the data proceesing as described in this Privacy Statement and, in that capacity, observes the following.
1. What personal data is involved?
Pluimen.nl processes, among other things, your email address, telephone number, invoice address, name and address details, gender, payment details and the IP address of the computer you use to visit the website (see also below under "Cookies"), and other information that is necessary for our services or one of the other processing purposes listed below under 2.
2. For what purpose is personal data processed?
- For the proper handling of an order you have placed with us.
We need your data because of the agreement we conclude with you. The personal data is essential for the execution of this agreement. We may store your personal data. We may pass on your personal data to our delivery service to have the order delivered to you. We may also pass on your personal data to (other) partners of Pluimen.nl. In addition, we receive information about your payment from your bank or credit card company.
- For creating your account.
For certain parts of our website, you have to register first. You must then provide information about yourself and choose a username. We use this information to create an account, to which you can log in with that username and a password of your choice. We retain this information so that you do not have to fill it in again and again and so that we can contact you, when necessary, in the context of the execution of the agreement.
- For maintaining contact with you, through the contact form, email and our newsletter.
You can ask us questions or make requests using the contact form on our website. We offer a newsletter through which we wish to inform interested parties about our products and services. Each newsletter contains an unsubscribe link. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can also notify us via your account. We also maintain contact with you via email.
- For improving and securing our website.
We improve and secure our website through statistics and profiling. We keep statistics on the use of our webshop. We use these statistics to improve our webshop, e.g. to show only information that is relevant to you.
- For displaying advertisements.
We would like to inform you about offers and new products or services. We do this by means of advertising. Advertising can be presented to you in the following ways:
- By post;
- By email;
- Via social media.
You can object to this advertising at any time. You can see how to do this in each advertisement you receive. If you no longer wish to receive advertisements, you can also notify us through your account.
- For compliance with statutory obligations.
3. What is the legal basis for processing my personal data?
Pluimen.nl only processes personal data if there is a legal basis for doing so. The legal bases on which Pluimen.nl may process personal data are:
If your consent for processing your personal data has been requested and you have granted this consent, you will also have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Conclusion (or in the run-up to conclusion) of an agreement.
If you place an order with Pluimen.nl for the provision of goods or services, we will process personal data if and insofar as this is necessary for the execution of the agreement.
- Legitimate interest.
Pluimen.nl may also process personal data if there is a legitimate interest and the processing operations do not disproportionately infringe your privacy. For example, your data will be used for maintaining contact with you and showing you promotions and advertisements.
- Statutory obligation.
4. How is the personal data obtained?
Pluimen.nl obtains your personal data because you have disclosed it yourself or because Pluimen.nl obtains this data from third parties in the context of its services (or one of the other processing purposes, see under 2), for example from public sources.
5. Is the personal data exchanged with third parties?
Your personal data will not be provided to third parties without your express prior written consent, unless this is necessary for the purposes described under point 2 and where required and permitted by law.
6. Is the personal data stored securely?
Pluimen.nl has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your personal data. We aim to prevent loss or unlawful processing. In the event of a data breach, we will notify the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA) if necessary.
7. No transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Pluimen.nl will not transfer your personal data to any party outside the EEA.
8. How long will the personal data be retained?
Pluimen.nl will not retain your personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
9. What are your rights related to the processing of personal data?
- You have the right to ask Pluimen.nl for access to your data.
- If the data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you have the right to request modification or supplementation thereof.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of this data and to have data erased.
- To the extent that the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
- If you wish to exercise your aforementioned rights, you can contact Pluimen.nl by letter or email using the contact details below.
- In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. The competent authority is the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
These are cookies that are necessary for the proper functioning of the website and the webshop. These cookies are not shared with third parties. When you visit our website or webshop for the first time, we show a notification with an explanation on cookies. We will ask your permission to use these cookies.
These cookies are used to analyse the website and the webshop and associated statistics, enabling Pluimen.nl to optimise the website and webshop. The Google Analytics tool is used for this purpose. Google may disclose this information to third parties if statutorily required to do so, or to the extent that these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Pluimen.nl has no control over this. We have not allowed Google to share the information obtained.
Social media plugins
These are cookies placed by third parties, e.g. by Facebook and LinkedIn. These cookies allow posts to be shared directly on these social media. Pluimen.nl has no influence on how, inter alia, Facebook and LinkedIn handle the information obtained. For more information, please refer to the privacy statements of the relevant social media.
Of course, you can delete the cookies placed on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. The way in which cookies can be deleted depends on the internet browser you use (Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.). Consult your internet browser for instructions on how to delete cookies.
11. Other websites
12. Can the Privacy Statement be amended?
Pluimen.nl reserves the right to make amendments to this Privacy Statement in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. We therefore recommend that you check the website from time to time to see if any amendments have been implemented.
13. Contact details
Verlengde Kerkweg 9
2981 GE Ridderkerk, the Netherlands