Have you purchased Pluim vouchers or redeemed your Pluim voucher for an item, but you are not satisfied with the product? Under certain conditions, you have the right to return the Pluim voucher or the item within 14 days without giving a reason and to revoke the agreement.
Returns procedure for consumers
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us that you are withdrawing from the agreement via an unambiguous statement (e.g. in writing, by post, fax, or email). You can use the returns form for this, but are not obliged to do so.
How to return a Pluim you have purchased or items you have ordered
Have you ordered a Pluim, or used a Pluim code to select an item that you want to return? Then the right of withdrawal as described below applies. We do however ask that you always contact our customer service department. You can do so via telephone or email. We can then advise you on the best way to return the item depending on the product ordered.
- Include the completed form with your return shipment.
- Also include the Pluim voucher(s) and/or items with the return shipment. Any packaging does not need to be returned.
- If you received Celebrations, wine, or champagne alongisde your Pluim, send these back too.
Returning items you ordered using your Pluim
Please always contact our customer service department before returning items purchased with a Pluim code. The returns process can vary per partner / item. Please bear in mind that you are responsible for the costs of the return shipment. Our customer services employee will provide you with all of the necessary information.
Terms and conditions
- The cost of return shipping is at your own expense, unless the partner who supplied the item determines otherwise.
- We must receive the return shipment within 14 calendar days of your notification of withdrawal, or you must be able to demonstrate the return shipment was in fact sent within that period. The withdrawal period lapses 14 days after the date on which you received the Pluim or the item.
- To invoke the withdrawal period, it is sufficient to send notification of exercising your right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period lapses.
- Did you personalise* your Pluim? In that case, the costs of the product produced (read: packaging and shipping costs), as well as the costs for registered return delivery are not refunded. Also see article 10.9 of the Shopping Secure (Thuiswinkel Waarborg) terms and conditions.
- The right of withdrawal naturally only applies to Pluim vouchers that have not been redeemed.
- You are liable for any depreciation resulting from usage of the goods beyond what is strictly necessary to establish the state, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- If you want to exercise your right of withdrawal, you should only open the product insofar as you would be permitted to do so in a shop before buying it. For example that means you must not remove the seal on, say, a board game. If you do so, this will be considered an instance of depreciation.
*) personalisation means: adding your own text and/or images and 'From' sender, which are printed on the Pluim.
Exceptions to the right of withdrawal
Some products or services purchased with Pluim vouchers are excluded from the right of withdrawal.
- Products produced in accordance with the consumer's instructions (customised);
- Products that may perish within the withdrawal period;
- Products that are easy to copy, such as games, DVDs and CDs, and are not returnable if the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Single newspapers and magazines (not subscriptions);
- Alcoholic beverages of which the price was agreed upon purchase by the consumer, but for which delivery can only take place after thirty days, and of which the true value is dependent upon market fluctuations over which the trader has no control;
- Products unsuitable for return shipment because of health and safety or hygiene reasons and of which the seal has been broken after delivery.
- Services relating to accommodation, transport, restaurants, or leisure activities to take place on a specific date or during a specific period. For example, trips, events, tickets, etc.
Returning Pluim vouchers
We process the return of Pluim vouchers free of charge and refund the costs (the value of the Pluim, including delivery charges) as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after we have been informed of the decision to withdraw. We will pay the money into the same account used for the original transaction, unless explicitly advised otherwise.
Please send your return shipment to:
FAO Order administration
P.O. Box 4121
2980 GC Ridderkerk
Returns procedure for business customers
We have a different return procedure for business customers. With a print run of 50 or more, you may return a maximum of 5 percent of the quantity ordered within 4 weeks of delivery. This allows you to order a larger quantity than you think you need, without running the risk of being stuck with a stock. Would you like to make use of this? Contact our sales department at email@example.com or 010 - 751 64 01.